Table of Contents
In this ScanGuard review, we’ll discuss the most important features of this software, including all its advantages and disadvantages. Get ready to acquaint yourself with this comparatively new, but already popular antivirus solution from a team of enthusiastic British developers.
When it comes to protection, Scanguard offers the same protection as any other antivirus software. Following are some salient security features:
- It has two scans, Quick scan, and an in-depth scan. Both scans run smoothly without compromising the performance of your PC.
- It is also very good at detecting malware and spyware.
- It also has a web extension which is available for all major browsers. The Web extension blocks your browser from accessing the malicious URLs. Overall, Scanguard offers a complete package.
All these facts considered, it is safe to assume that, Scanguard is safe as an antivirus.
- They offer a wide range of privacy features so that every user could select what he really needs.
- ScanGuard has an intuitive interface, user-friendly navigation, and an eye-pleasing color scheme.
- All the packages of this brand are available on different gadgets, including the ones on iOS and Mac.
- The program provides real-time auto scanning for malware, spyware, and other types of threats.
- ScanGuard comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee period and free customer support 24/7.
What is Scanguard?
ScanGuard antivirus has been developed by a promising British company SS Protect Limited. First introduced, it quickly became one of the world’s most popular virus protection of computers, laptops, and other devices from malware of all types. The program got a large-scale advertising campaign, but it lacks official information. Some analysts even call this solution a scam program, though their suppositions have no foundation. Today, every review of ScanGuard bears a laudatory character: specialists underline that the system offers a wide range of important options and guarantees high-quality protection against malware, spyware, and other threats.
Scanguard best for:
- Users whose devices run on Windows, Mac, and iOS, as the program is compatible with most major operational systems available on the market.
- People who often have troubles with their product: as noted in ScanGuard review, the system has unique repair tools to recover broken internet connection, desktops, and so on.
- Those, who value their internet privacy and safety, as the software, features excellent VPN client tools to keep users’ data away from third parties.
Pros & Cons
The most important benefits mentioned in recent ScanGuard Antivirus reviews are as follows:
- The system detects and removes different types of threats, such as spyware, malware, Trojans, keyloggers, parasites, and so on.
- There are three versions of this solution; they have different sets of features and prices so that every user could select the one he needs.
- It works great with all Windows versions, as well as iOS, Mac, and Android; ScanGuard notes that the system is compatible with all major browsers.
- Guarantees real-time web-protection: your computer will be safe even when you’re browsing, messaging, making payments, and so on.
- Our ScanGuard software review wouldn’t be complete without mentioning its PC booster: the program removes all unnecessary files so that your system could operate much faster.
- It offers its users a number of password and parental control options, as well as a file manager and a VPN client.
At the same time, we can’t leave you without a couple of words concerning the solution’s weak sides:
- The software has not been certified yet. This doesn’t mean that it’s ineffective or untrustworthy, but some users agree that it’s better to select a certified antivirus program.
- There is no free version. The only thing you can trust – or not trust – it. There is even no free trial period of one month or less.
- There are no third-party antivirus test results; this is why it is hard to say whether it’s really so great as the developers promise it to be.
Is Scanguard safe?
Reliability and security
As mentioned in recent ScanGuard reviews, the software has not been checked by independent laboratories yet; this is why it’s impossible to assess its reliability based on any official data. Nevertheless, we have found several users’ surveys that can help us in describing this product. We should mention that the product is equipped with a last-generation antivirus engine. It detects not only well-known threats but also the zero-day samples, which have never been registered in any lists. The program’s anti-phishing tools effectively block suspicious pages, so that the user could not worry about the computer’s safety while internet surfing. The process of auto-scanning is smooth and silent; it doesn’t impact the system’s performance.
Ease of use
Undoubtedly, ScanGuard is one of the simplest antivirus programs for all users. The buttons of quick and system scanning – its key functions – are right on the main menu. Here, you’ll also find the buttons of the quarantine regime and the real-time protection. All the necessary settings and options are right at hand. For instance, you can turn on the regime of Disk Cleaner, the System Booster, the Browser Manager, and so on. The color scheme of the product is quite dark, yet eye-pleasing.
As soon as you’ve selected ScanGuard free download, you’ll be offered three products, the costs of which vary from €24.95 to €59.95 per year (at a discount). They have different sets of functions and options, and it’s up to you to choose the one you need: Essential. It’s the standard package with 1-year protection for only one device. The solution defends your computer or laptop from all sorts of ransomware, boosts the system, removes unnecessary files, provides remote firewall protection, and so on. You can use Essential ScanGuard for Android devices, too. For the second year, the price of this package will grow up to €99.95. Pro. This solution is offered at a great discount only for the first year of usage, too. It comes with a number of additional opportunities such as the possibility to stay safe online with the web shield extension. Besides, this package offers licenseв protection for three different devices. Ultimate. We can’t but emphasize that this solution has the only advantage as compared to the previous one – it provides its users with the antivirus eBook. All the best features and options stay unchanged. The price of this package is €59.95 for the first year and €149.95 for the second and subsequent years. In all these solutions, there is a VPN client, a free customer support service, and 30-day money back guarantee period.
Support and Customer Service
The developers of this antivirus guarantee prompt and courteous support for every client. They offer a wide range of ready answers to the most common questions concerning software ordering, installation, activation, and updating on the official website of ScanGuard antivirus. You can contact them at live chat in order to get a personalized answer to a certain question. The specialists of the website promise to be ready to answer users’ requests 24/7.
You can use ScanGuard for Android, iOS, Mac, and all versions of Windows, with all popular browsers, and on different devices. Real-time protection from all possible threats, regular scanning of the system, and improvement of its performance – the software seems to meet all the requirements of modern users. Naturally, there are certain drawbacks, such as lack of a free version and official experts’ conclusions. But isn’t it a great idea to try something new by yourself, without waiting for someone else’s approval?Visit ScanGuard